Stanford is a top-notch college with an extreme GPA and standardized test scores. The acceptance rate is only 4% to 5%. However, it is not impossible to get included in the 4% but you need to become a superlative.
Become an exceptional student
- As soon as possible, take an AP course in high school. The college-level program can be impressive if excelled at junior high. Choose a language, hobby, sport or skill now and get involved. The time you have to apply, you will turn into a pro.
- Get a good academic track in your high school. Your school counselor can help you get on the right track. For example, if your career goal is to become a doctor, then you will need algebra, calculus, geometry, trigonometry and other Math classes along with science classes like Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
Be aware of Stanford recommendations
- 4 years of English with a focus on literature and writing.
- 4 years of Math with a focus on algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- 3 years History with essay component is preferred.
- 3 years of lab science like physics, biology, and chemistry.
- 3 to 4 years of a foreign language.
Get stellar grades
Transferring to Stanford University is easy with outrageously stellar grades. More than 60% of applicants have a GPA of more than 4.0, so if your scores in advanced classes and AP are great than your chances increase.
Think quality rather than quantity
Extracurricular activities mean to participate in sports and clubs you are interested in. the University looks for commitment and enthusiasm. It is shown better in one or two activities rather than minimal participation in multiple sports and clubs.
A good GPA is not hard to get but volunteering in a homeless shelter or at the local hospital or animal shelter shows your solid morals and good character.
Rock at ACT and SAT standardized tests
An average SAT requirement is 1500 and ACT is 33. Even if you get less don’t keep yourself from applying. There are dozens of other things that the admission officers consider besides the test scores.
Besides proving to be an exceptional student at high school, there are other things you will need to understand for filling a solid application form.
- Know the deadlines for application form submission.
- From Stanford’s application website get the updated information.
- Fill and submit the common application form for the first year and even the Stanford Supplement form.
- Send a non-refundable application fee.
- Attach a couple of recommendation letters from teachers.
- While writing an essay to be genuine and honest. Avoid any gimmicks because Stanford is not blind.
For transfer students
- Deadlines are different for transfer students.
- The standard application is on 5th March and SAT needs to be completed by Jan and ACT by Feb.
Check Stanford’s eligibility needs for transfer
- The course needs to be completed from an accredited institution.
- Completed with better than grade C.
- Completed courses need to be relevant to the ones offered at Stanford.
- It must not overlap, duplicate or lapse the previous coursework.
The specific course transferability is determined by Registrar’s office as soon as students get admitted.